Monday, October 27, 2014

NAILS OF THE DA¥ . ALL STITCHED UP

It's officially the last week of October and somehow my Halloween spirit has yet to kick in – maybe it's because I missed all that Fall feel-good stuff, like trips to Springridge Farm, pumpkin carving & breezy hikes. But there are two Halloween traditions that I will never miss out on; watching Hocus Pocus and themed nail art. This year the two went hand in hand as I was inspired to create a 'stitched' nail art design with Billy Butcherson's cross-stitched lips working as my muse. I knew that I wanted to use my new Julep Nail Polish in Dana, a white glow in the dark polish, which I received in the October Julep Maven Box because unless I'm headed to a rave, Halloween is the only time blacklight reflective polish makes any sense. I created the stitched effect in a matter of seconds with my Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper in Black, keeping the lines rough & raw as if I was using a dull needle, just like Winifred Sanderson did.

Will you be donning Halloween-themed nail art this week?


AM¥   XO

No comments:

Post a Comment