Wednesday, February 18, 2015

FIVE TO TRY . H¥DRATION MASKS FOR DR¥ SKIN

Winter takes a toll on our skin – especially given the current temperatures. Sometimes it feels like no matter how much moisturizer or beauty oil I apply to my skin, it will never feel truly hydrated, soft or satisfied. This type of situation calls for an army of hydrating masks that are prepared to rejuvenate your skin from the driest of conditions. I've assembled a team of five hydrating products to call to battle whenever my skin begins feeling tight or dry. It may seem excessive to some, but each product is so truly unique, and effective that I simply cannot fathom saying goodbye to a single one.

THE ARM¥
Arbonne | RE9 Advanced Intense Hydration Overnight Mask [*]($81) – I've mentioned recently that I've been striving to create a more natural skincare and beauty regime, and this overnight mask brings me one step closer. The RE9 Advanced Mask features algae, stabilized vitamin C, peptides, mango seed and shea butters, cassava extract, and golden jojoba and olive oils to 'soothe and nourish, keeping [skin] hydrated all night long, so you say good morning to a glowing, refreshed face.' The formula sinks deeply into the skin, disappearing within an instant, meaning I can either layer on argan oil for added hydration, or simply sleep peacefully, without feeling the mask on my skin. Plus, it's so light that it can be used daily without causing breakouts – a sign that I need to stock up on this ASAP, especially given that this was a limited-edition released for Arbonne's 35th Anniversary

Kiehl's | Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque ($36) – This was one of the very first overnight masks I ever tried, and it has maintained it's place in my skincare posse thanks to it's effective formula. The Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque is formulated with 'Ophiopogon Japonicus, also known as Fountain Plant, which fills skin's ’'hydration reservoir'' to help reduce moisture depletion.' It leaves my skin intensely hydrated, even after a single use, however it does take a few sleeps to get accustomed to. The formula is rather sticky, which means you're often found peeling yourself from your pillow come the morning – a small price to pay for such wonderful results. It also makes a great option for those with sensitive skin given that it is silicone-, paraben-, fragrance- and colorant-free. 

GlamGlow | THIRTSYMUD Hydrating Treatment ($76) – I had been dying to try out this hydrating treatment and finally got the opportunity thanks to this trial-sized version I snagged in a Sephora Favourites kit from Christmas. THIRSTYMUD moisturizes, restores, replenishes, and calms the skin via three complexes. 'Dewdration™ boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy and youthful result, while HydraPack™ leaves skin with an instant silky, soft, and supple feel, and GreenEnergy™ smooths and energizes the skin, giving you a healthy-looking, glowing complexion.' Like most products from GlamGlow you experience a slight tingling, cooling feeling upon application, which would feel especially lovely when used on vacation, as it also features a coconut scent. And yet it's still found a home in my winter loves despite the summery scent, because of the healthy, dewy glow it adds to my skin.  

Origins | Drink Up 10-Minute Mask To Quench Skin's Thirst ($29) – This is my go-to hydrating product – primarily thanks to the scent, partially thanks to the speed. The  Origins Drink Up 10-Minute Mask is an apricot-scented mask that was created for days when your skin is feeling extremely dry and you're looking for a quick boost of moisture. Within 10 minutes this mask hydrates, and delivers a soft and supple appearance to skin, through the use of ingredients like emollient-rich apricot kernel oil and algae extracts. I find myself predominantly using this mask on morning when my skin is looking worse for wear, and I somehow forgot to apply an overnight mask the night before. I simply apply it all over my face before I begin styling my hair and wipe it off before applying makeup to create a smooth base for makeup application.

Peter Thomas Roth | Cucumber Gel Mask ($56) – The Cucumber Gel Mask only reaches it's full glory when it's been left in the refrigerator for a few hours before application. The coolness of the gel feels refreshing on the skin and helps to remove puffiness, and redness. But the Cucumber Gel Mask does much more than just that thanks to the inclusion of botanical extracts from cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, sugar maple, sugarcane, orange, lemon, bilberry, and aloe. These extracts make this mask one of the most hydrating masks I own. It's also the most versatile, and can be used to calm and soothe irritated skin after sun exposure, peels, waxing, and facials. I swear there is nothing that the Cucumber Gel Mask cannot do, and the best part is that I'm not even showing the full size here, which is actually 150mL. That's a whole lotta mask!
If you're interested in testing it out, Peter Thomas Roth also offers this adorable set of minis in the Mini Mask Magic Kit.

What mask do you reach for come winter?


AM¥     XO

[*]Some of the items in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

11 comments:

  1. Ah the Kiehl's mask. I'm pretty sure I'm my holy grail of hydration. Do you leave the Peter Thomas Roth one on overnight? I have the mini size too and I've been washing it off before bed, but I'm curious...

    Kris | Love. Loft. Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree in terms of the Keihl's mask – it's been by my side the longest because I truly adore it!

      In terms of the Peter Thomas Roth mask I wash it off before bed as well. I'm not sure what would happen if you left it on though – given that it is such a lightweight mask I would anticipate that it wouldn't cause my skin to break out. But I'll probably keep washing it off regardless, and simply turn the my overnight options when I need something heavier.

      Delete
  2. I saw thirsty mud at a costco and was like, WHAAAAA?? But I was with people who don't totally understand my beauty addiction so I felt weird buying it in front of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I didn't know GlamGlow was at Costco now! I will definitely be bothering my parents to include me in their next trip there so I can grab the full size haha.

      Delete
  3. looking forward to try some of this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy!! xo
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm sure these are all really good products. I've tried a few of them. I received a sample of the Glam Glow from Sephora and I really liked it. I purchased the Origins Drink Up mask and I love it! I highly recommend this product. It is very moisturizing and at this time of year my skin just drinks it up. Thanks for the good review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear that products I love and turn to in the winter are those that others highly recommend as well. It seems slightly crazy to have so many products for the purpose of hydration, but it's seriously needed given our climate!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. OMG, each of this mask seems amazing, I would like to try each of them ;-) but in the reel world, Wich one Is the best for a first try ??? I have to admit that Glamglow and Peter Thomas have sample kit at Sephora and I like sample kit....I really need something to give me a youth effect, with hydratation, like a pulp ing boost...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a first timer I feel the best hydration mask to start is the Origins 10 Minute Moisture Mask, because it's so simple to use that you don't even need water and it smells incredible. My skin always looks amazing after using it – and it was one of the first products to get me hooked on hydrating!

      Delete
    2. excellent, I'll check for this one ! thank you.

      Delete