Tuesday, March 3, 2015

GLOSS¥BOX . MARCH 2015 EDITION

I thought that I had lost all hope for beauty boxes.. and then the March Glossybox arrived at my door. Back in the day I absolutely loved Glossybox, but the service was unfortunately pulled from Canada until this past November when it was reintroduced by Glossybox US. Since being reintroduced, Glossybox has taken Canada by storm and is arguably the best beauty box on the market. For $21/month + $5/shipping (USD) you get 5 surprise luxury beauty products packaged in a glossy pink gift box. Sign up here to get your own Glossybox!!  

This month each Glossybox will feature a hair product meant to create shiny, healthy locks that will dazzle for Spring. There are five possible hair products that could end up in your box, which can be seen here. I can't deny that I was hoping for the Ouidad 12-Minute Deep Treatment, but I ended up with the Ouidad Color Sense Color Preserving Shampoo & Conditioner – a great product nonetheless. This hair cleansing duo smells absolutely amazing, is sulfate free, and is so moisturizing that I accidentally mistook the conditioner for a mask at first. But it wasn't the only highly moisturizing product featured in my March Glossybox! I also got my hands on the OROGOLD 24K Multi-Vitamin Day Moisturizer, an ultra-nourishing moisturizer loaded with vitamins. If I had the $178 this moisturizer costs you can bet it would already be in my skincare regime – seriously the ultimate hydrator!! 

Onto the colour cosmetics, which are arguably more exciting. The first product I reached for was the So Susan Concealer Quad, consisting of four concealer shades formulated with Marula Oil. The four shades allow you to customize the colour in order to create a shade that seamlessly matches your complexion. Plus, the fact that it's travel-sized means that I can contour on the go. Next up is the bellápierre Cheek & Lip Stain in Pink – a product that I could honestly care less about. The shade is subtle, pretty and blends with ease... but there is just something about cream cheek products that screams 'I'm a HUGE hassle.' So for now I'll stick with powder blushes. The final product, Model Co's More Brows in Medium/Dark, is nearly identical to Benefit's Gimme Brow, an absolute favourite of mine. The two not only share a similar product name, but also feature a small brush with a tinted gel formula to easily tame and fill brows. The main difference? More Brows is $10 cheaper (and slightly more difficult to track down). 

Overall I was thrilled with the contents of my March Glossybox, and will definitely be turning to this subscription service in the future to fill my beauty sampling needs. It turns out that you truly do get what you pay for when it comes to beauty boxes. 

Have you re-subscribed to Glossybox?


AM¥      XO

[*]The item in this post has been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like a great box! The hair products sound really nice, and that concealer quad looks great too!

    lauren / lipstick & lacquer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was! So happy to finally have hope in these services again. I used to love them, so I feel totally nostalgic!

      Delete