Friday, March 13, 2015

MAKE UP FOR EVER . STEP 1 SKIN EQUALIZER

This year Make Up For Ever has done a complete overhaul of their primer line-up to release the next generation of primers, the Step 1 Skin Equalizers ($43). Included in this launch are ten specially designed primers to balance skin's texture and tone, each formulated with the Equalizer Complex to triple the power of your foundation. The Equalizer Complex features Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate and firm, Vederine to help skin appear more even, and Acti Tensor 3D, which helps to smooth the skin for long-lasting makeup coverage.

The Step 1 Skin Equalizers have been broken up into two categories: five for texture and five to correct tone. The idea is to mix and match these primers in order to create a skin prepping duo that is perfectly tailored to your texture and tone concerns. Now I don't mean to brag, but my skin texture is rather normal, and therefore I went with the Nourishing Base[*], which moisturizes and provides comfort while extending the wear time of your foundation. It truly does create a flawless base for makeup application, and I've even noticed a decrease in the size of my pores after I apply it. The true skin concern I struggle with is radiance. But thankfully this launch features five radiance-boosting primers, each designed with a specific skin tone in mind. I went with the Radiant Primer in Blue[*], which is best suited for light skin tones, however I've now come to realize that the Radiant Primer in Pink is without a doubt a better fit. That being said I love the fact that I can use the Blue version as a highlighter to accentuate the high points of my face. But I'd truly advise against using this primer for your entire face unless you have the complexion of Evan Rachel Wood or wish to resemble a cold blue corpse. 

I had never previously thought to use multiple primers to achieve a flawless base before, but given the number of skin concerns and skin tones in the world it makes perfect sense to tailor and customize your base.

Do you use multiple primers?


AM¥     XO

[*]The items featured in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

6 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about these and I really love the concept!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great concept, and it does truly allow you to customize your prep!
      I definitely still need to get my hands on the Pink version for all over radiance!

      Delete
  2. I love the concept of this line, although it is kind of a bummer to have to dole out the cash to buy multiple products just to prime your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, and it is sad.. but how many primers do you know of that can provide the customized benefits of the Skin Equalizers?
      I was previously using the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer which retails for $60 and it wasn't providing me with much radiance – so truly I'm getting double the primer, plus the added radiance for only $20 extra.. I guess it depends on how much you were previously spending on primers!

      <3 xo

      Delete
  3. I don't know if I really need to add more step to my beauty routine in the morning... It depend of the effeciency of the product. But I'm not sure if miracle exist ;-) we never know... Maybe I will try this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's not adding an extra step as I'd be highlighting my face regardless, but this way I get the dewy look that I can't achieve with my powder highlighters. I'm set for summer hehe

      Definitely give them a go! They are beautifully formulated :)

      Delete