Wednesday, November 5, 2014

ONE TO RULE . SMASHBOX CAMERA READY BB CREAM

After finishing off my most loved foundation, MAKE UP FOR EVER's Face and Body Liquid Makeup, I decided to make myself a pact: forgo purchasing a new bottle until I had gone through my current stash. You would think that someone with 7+ foundations at her disposal would easily find a replacement, but nope – half the foundations didn't have the lasting power I needed, and the other half were far to heavy for day to day wear. But then I stumbled upon the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 ($50) – I had somewhat disregarded this product because I oddly associate BB creams with summer time, but it ended up being the knight in shinning armor I had awaited.

The Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 is a five-in-one formula, available in 8 shades, that work to protect, prime, hydrate, correct, control oil, and perfect the skin. It has a rather thick texture, which took some getting used to as I was accustomed to using a highly fluid foundation made up of 80% water, but with the help of my Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush ($42) I prevailed. For work I like my skin to look naturally flawless, without feeling weighed down, and this BB cream does the trick – my skin is left looking airbrushed, with a demi-matte finish. It also easily transitions to a 'day-off' foundation, meaning that my natural, skin shows through – flaws and all – by using half the amount. But what this foundation is really flexin' is it's lasting power – even after a 10+ hour day complete with sweat, dirt and an inherent need to touch my face this BB cream stays in place.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is; within my collection of foundation, which includes the likes of Chanel and Marc Jacobs, the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream reigns king. [And I have barely been missing Make Up For Ever's Face & Body Liquid Makeup]



AM¥     XO

2 comments:

  1. I love this bb cream!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed a few Smash Box products in magazine but haven't got around to trying them out myself :( this sounds amazing so I definitely want to try xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete