Thursday, February 5, 2015

MONTEIL . ÉLIXIR MÉTAMORPHOSE . PRO DNA SERUM

After finishing, and falling in love with my current serum, the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, I didn't think it was possible to find joy elsewhere. The Vinoperfect Radiance Serum had everything I had every wanted in a serum, and yet given my insufficient funds I wasn't able to repurchase it. So I set out on a mission to rummage through my stash to find something equivalent in order to maintain my glowing, even complexion. Low and behold I stumbled upon the Monteil Élixir Metamorphose Pro DNA Serum ($95) and was instantly taken by the luxurious packaging. 

I've heard of Monteil Paris over the years, but chalked them up as a luxury french brand that targets those looking to fight anti-aging with products that feature high price points. And while I still maintain this outlook on the brand I couldn't help but fall hard and fast for the Élixir Metamorphose Pro DNA Serum – the high prices are real, but so is the luxury behind the products. For instance the active agent in the Pro DNA Serum is based on results from Nobel prize-winning research, preserving the youthfulness of skin. I may only be 25 with little to no signs of aging, but I do believe that to have beautiful skin as you age means taking proper care of it while you are young. This serum reinforces that fact, as it protects the DNA in the cell's nucleus, thereby prolonging the life cycle of that cell – woahhh science! 

The serum itself feels absolutely amazing on the skin. I have a hard time describing the feel, and the only way I know how to do so is to say this: You know in the movie Uptown Girls where Brittany Murphy's boyfriend sings 'Sheets of Egyptian Cotton'.. well the feeling I associate with the Pro DNA Serum is the same whimsical feeling I feel when I envision sleeping in sheets of Egyptian cotton – soft, velvety, and the utmost relaxing. It's dispensed via a dropper, but I only need half of the product collected in the dropper to cover my entire face, which also prolongs my time with this wonderful serum. I can't really tell if it's made a difference in my skin since switching from the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, but it also hasn't caused an adverse reaction or reversed the effects of the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, meaning it's currently filled the void in my skincare regime. 

If I had an endless supply of money I would repurchase the Monteil Élixir Metamorphose Pro DNA Serum time and time again.

What is your go-to serum at the moment?


AM¥     XO


[*]The items in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment