Sunday, March 1, 2015

MONTHL¥ FAVOURITES . FEBRUAR¥ EDITION

February has been beyond hectic! I'm unsure whether it was the shortness of the month, or the fact that I've simply been busier, but it flew by within a blink of an eye. Given that I was constantly on the move, February was about finding beauty products that left me polished in a flash – and I can't forget the release of Fifty Shades Of Grey, of course. But the following products have done just that, kept my look simple yet chic, mixed with a few skincare favourites that kept my skin hydrated despite the historically cold temps. Can't it be spring yet? 

SKINCARE
I was absolutely gutted at the beginning of the month when I finished my Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, but the Monteil Élixir Métamorphose Pro DNA Serum[*] came along offering the perfect upgrade. This luxurious cream serum leaves my skin feeling velvety soft, while halting premature aging of the skin by protecting the DNA in the skin cells nuclei. I wish I could afford this serum year round, but at $95 it's a little steep, meaning I'll be back to the deluxe samples next month. I've turned to my sample bin for a few products lately, including a daily moisturizer and eye cream, stumbling upon the Biotherm Aquasource Cocoon and Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, which have become fast favourites. Both feel nourishing, hydrating, and feature ultra-thick formulas, three things I've needed this month given the harsh winter conditions – my skin is seriously craving moisture. But my absolute favourite moisture packed product for months like February: the Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask to Quench Skins Thirst. The apricot-scent, the silky formula, the quick absorption time.. absolutely everything about this mask is perfection. Plus you can either wash it off completely or simply wipe away the excess with a tissue depending on your skins needs – hell, sometimes I just use it as a moisturizer when my skin is extremely dry. But regardless of how I use them, these four products have my skin on the right track for a *fingers crossed* foundation-less summer.

MAKEUP
Another minimal makeup month – this one slightly heightened thanks to a universal bronzer, an eyeshadow palette inspired by Fifty Shades Of Grey, and a lip combo to create the perfect nude lip. First up the bronzer, which was released in the For The Sun Of It Illuminating Bronzer & Kabuki Brush Kit[*] for Arbonne's 35th Anniversary. I've declared that this bronzer is better for pale babes than NARS Laguna, and I mean it – especially given it's versatility thanks to it's matte finish. Versatility is the name of the game this month, and it's exactly what I found in the MAKE UP FOR EVER Give In To Me Kit[*], which features 4 Artist Shadows, full review here, and the Smoky Extravagant Mascara. This kit, inspired by Anastasia's look in Fifty Shades Of Grey, has given me the ability to keep my look simple for day time, while providing the option to amp up my eyes for a night out. For day to day wear I use the pale champagne shade, I-514, all over the lid, with S-556, a cool taupe, smudged into the crease. I also created a romantic look for Valentines Day using this kit, which can be found here. And finally the pale lip combination that has me feeling all types of feels this month – MAC's Lipstick in Angel topped with the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly. The beautiful nude shade created from this combination features the slightest tint of mauve, bringing warmth to my lips. I know these two won't be leaving my purse anytime soon.

What products were you obsessed with this month?


AM¥      XO

[*]Some of the items featured in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I am still trying to figure out what I will add to my monthly picks. There has been so much to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always have a tough time narrowing it down as well. I swear each month I start with 25 favourites and dwindle them down to the top 10 – so so difficult.

      Can't wait to read your post :)

      Delete
  2. I really love the eyeshadow palette! It's full of such beautiful shades.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's kind of great right. I have such a deep love for the Artist Shadows <3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful palette! February was horrible, I'm glad it's over x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pallette looks so pretty
    http://www.fuckhighclass.com

    ReplyDelete